- Title: Headmaster Assistant/SOAR Founder
- Education: B. S. Chem. E., M.S. & Ph.D. University of Tennessee
- Education: B.S. University of Tennessee Education
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.104
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Dr. Core taught in the Knox County school system for 32 years before coming to Berean Christian School. Here, he served as high school principal and teacher of physics, chemistry and mathematics for ten years before becoming the Soar director. In 2013, Dr. Core became headmaster assistant and director of elementary school enrichment in science and mathematics. With 48 years of classroom and administrative experience, he continually strives for spiritual and academic excellence of each student. Enjoys Fishing, playing golf and reading.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, ..." (Psa 1:1-3)
- Title: Interim Headmaster & MS Bible/SOAR Director
- Education: B.S., M.Ed. Columbia International University Cum Laude
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of South Carolina
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 206
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Jon Farra completed his undergraduate degree in psychology and Bible from Columbia International University. He also obtained a TEFL certificate which allowed him to teach English in Thailand. Upon returning to the United States, Farra worked as a youth pastor while completing a Master of Education degree from CIU and pursuing supplemental coursework at the University of South Carolina. In both the areas of teaching and administration, Mr. Farra’s focus is to develop and build teams to help Berean Christian School continue to become more efficient and caring. Farra moved to Knoxville in 2005, married fellow teacher Rae Rawlings, and has since experienced the joy of becoming a father.
- Title: SOAR Coordinator & Upper school Guidance Counselor
- Education: Undergraduate: Tennessee Tech University, Secondary Education
- Education: Masters: Carson Newman University, Counseling
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Emily Fiveash and her husband, Patrick, have two children – Zadie and Grey – who both attend Berean. For the last 20 years, Mrs. Fiveash has worked in education in various roles, and has been a stay-at-home mom along the way. When she’s not working, she enjoys camping, kayaking, running, hiking, and family time. Mrs. Fiveash’s passion is to see kids realize that they are “fearfully and wonderfully made” in the image of Christ. (Psalm 139:14) That is her prayer for the kids at Berean to embrace and believe!
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Psalms 139:14)
- Title: SOAR Lead Teacher/Reading Specialist
- Education: B.S. Tennessee Tech University
- Education: Post-Bac with teacher licensure, Lincoln Memorial University
- Education: Orton Gillingham certified
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 100
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Mrs. Hees received her bachelor degree from Tennessee Tech University and later received her teacher license from Lincoln Memorial University. Her previous experience includes teaching first and third grades in the Knox County School System. Kristie and her husband Ron have two children, Daniel and Olivia who both attend Berean. In her spare time, she loves to read, travel, hike and run.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it." (Prov 22:6)
- Title: SOAR
- Education: B.S. University of Tennessee
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Nathan McKeehan earned a Bachelor of Science in mathematics from the University of Tennessee in Knoxville. He has taught at Hardin Valley Academy, Fulton High School, and Central High School before coming to Berean. Mr. McKeehan has been a middle school youth leader since 2006. He enjoys talking about math at every level and is excited to instill that love of math in others. In his spare time, he enjoys playing volleyball, disc golf and board games. Berean Christian School Meet YOUR Berean: ep. 28 – Nate McKeehan from Berean Christian School on Vimeo.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: For I know that my Redeemer lives, at the last he will stand upon the earth. (Job 19:25)
- Title: Speech Language Pathologist and SOAR Coordinator/Teacher
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I can do all things through Christ Jesus who gives me strength" (Phil 4:13)
- Education: M.A. University of TN
- Education: B.S. University of GA
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Liz Palmer is a Speech Language Pathologist who received her Masters at The University of Tennessee. She thanks God for giving her a passion for children, for families, and for sports! She has a private practice and also sees students, individually, at Berean. She started volunteering with the SOAR Program in 2011 but officially joined the SOAR Team in 2016 as a coordinator and teacher. Liz also coaches the middle school girls basketball team. She and her husband, Eric, have two children, Gracie and Matthew, both students at Berean. She is so thankful and excited that God has provided her with these opportunities!