Berean Preschool offers a program of academic excellence where spiritual growth is the foundation of our program. We serve children between the ages of two through four years of age. Each classroom focuses on the spiritual growth and academic growth for each child that is developmentally appropriate.
- Classroom habits
- Skills development
- Phonics and reading
- Seat work
- Activity time
- Language development
K2/K3 – $7200
K4 – $6600
Aftercare – $10/day with the option of 1-5 days/week (3:30-5:30)
If you are interested in our Preschool program, contact us at (865) 521-6054, ext. 119 or email Kathy Crawford at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Title: Preschool Director
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Philippians 4:13
- Education: B.S. in Early Childhood Development with a Minor in Child and Family Studies from ETSU
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 119
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Kathy completed her undergraduate degree in Early Childhood Development from East Tennessee State University. After graduating, she, along with her husband Matt Crawford (a former Berean Christian School student) and two sons moved to Knoxville so the children could attend Berean Christian School. After moving to Knoxville in 2001, Kathy was expecting her third son and began employment at Knox County Head Start where she taught preschool for 8 years. While teaching at Head Start, she knew God was calling her to be somewhere where she could teach children about the Word of God. In 2010, a door was opened at Berean Bible Church, and she began teaching and directing the preschool that is now serving under the leadership or Berean Christian School. Her oldest son is a Berean Christian School graduate, her middle son is a Junior, and her youngest son is a Freshman. Kathy and her family have had the privilege of calling Berean Christian School their family for over 14 years.
- Title: PreK 4 Teacher
- Phone: (865)521-6054 ext 125
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: My husband Derrick and I chose Berean Christian Preschool for our daughter Delaney in 2012. We desired for her to be in a safe place where she would be able to received a God-centered education. Little did we know God had chosen Berean Christian School for me as well. I became a part of the preschool staff in the Spring of 2013. I have taught PreK 2, PreK 3 and I am now the PreK 4 teacher. We have been exponentially blessed by the faithful and loving staff. Delaney is now in first grade and our son Duke is in the PreK 2 class. We thank God for allowing our whole family to be apart of the Berean Christian family.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Proverbs 3:5-6
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Leslie Skeen has more than 15 years of experience working with children from infant all the way through high school. She has worked in public schools with children with special needs, served as a nanny for multiple families, and taught children in a preschool setting. Continuing education has always been a goal for Leslie, and working at Berean and having so much encouragement and support from the staff and administration is going to allow her the opportunity to pursue that goal. This fall Leslie will be heading back to Pellissippi to work toward a teaching degree. Leslie is married to her husband Zach Skeen, a city of Knoxville Firefighter, and they have two sons, Baxter and Barnes. She has a love for movies, sports, going to the zoo and Dollywood with her boys, and traveling any time the opportunity presents itself.
- Title: K3 Teacher
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Philippians 4:10-13
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Shannon Wright has lived in Knoxville most of her life. She is mom to Imani, who is a BCS graduate, and Nia, a junior. When her oldest was in 1st grade, Shannon knew she wanted her children to be at a school where the Word of God was primary in her children’s education. Shannon owned and operated her own childcare business for 5 years. In 2010, Shannon was given the opportunity to teach and co-direct the preschool at Berean Bible Church, which is now united with Berean Christian School.