- Title: MS Principal & Bible/SOAR Director
- Education: B.S., M.Ed. Columbia International University Cum Laude
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of South Carolina
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 206
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Jon Farra completed his undergraduate degree in psychology and Bible from Columbia International University. He also obtained a TEFL certificate which allowed him to teach English in Thailand. Upon returning to the United States, Farra worked as a youth pastor while completing a Master of Education degree from CIU and pursuing supplemental coursework at the University of South Carolina. In both the areas of teaching and administration, Mr. Farra’s focus is to develop and build teams to help Berean Christian School continue to become more efficient and caring. Farra moved to Knoxville in 2005, married fellow teacher Rae Rawlings, and has since experienced the joy of becoming a father.
- Title: SOAR Coordinator & Middle School Counselor
- Education: Undergraduate: Tennessee Tech University, Secondary Education
- Education: Masters: Carson Newman University, Counseling
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Emily Fiveash and her husband, Patrick, have two children – Zadie and Grey – who both attend Berean. For the last 20 years, Mrs. Fiveash has worked in education in various roles, and has been a stay-at-home mom along the way. When she’s not working, she enjoys camping, kayaking, running, hiking, and family time. Mrs. Fiveash’s passion is to see kids realize that they are “fearfully and wonderfully made” in the image of Christ. (Psalm 139:14) That is her prayer for the kids at Berean to embrace and believe!
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Psalms 139:14)
- Title: Middle School Lead Teacher
- Education: B.S. Tennessee Tech University
- Education: Belmont College
- Education: Postgraduate Studies: Fresno Pacific University
- Education: Postgraduate Studies: Walden University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 200
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Connie Freed followed the pre-physical therapy track at Tennessee Technological University where she graduated with a B.S. in psychology and a minor in Biology. After marrying her high school sweetheart, taking time to raise their five daughters and serving as a youth pastor’s wife, she came to Berean as a substitute teacher in 2000. She began teaching part-time in 2003 and that soon led to a full-time position in 2005. God has used Mrs. Freed in various teaching avenues and in different churches. She has served alongside her husband, who was in youth ministry for years and is now Associate Pastor at Berean Bible Church. Mrs. Freed enjoys reading and playing games with family and friends.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God" Phil 4:6-7
- Title: Director of IT & MS Computer Teacher
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Buzz Glies calls Pittsburgh, PA, his home. He attended Malone University and graduated with a B.A. in 1991. Buzz attended Columbia International University and completed a M.A. in 1999 and a M.Ed. in 2009. Buzz holds a Lifetime certification from ACSI. He married his best friend, Darla; they have four children. Their oldest graduated from University Christian School in Jacksonville, FL. Currently, the youngest two are enrolled in Berean. This year he finds his home supporting 3 freshmen, 2 in college at Johnson University and one at Berean. Buzz served as an adjunct professor at Columbia International University, Director of IT at Ben Lippen School, and Director of IT at University Christian School. Buzz is a technology evangelist and is often consulted by schools across the US. He is known for his ability with technology, building relationships, infusing a 21st century technological curriculum, and mentoring students and teachers.
- Title: Bible, History, Graphic Design, Yearbook, Communications/Marketing Advisor, Fine Arts Director
- Education: B.A. University of Tennessee
- Education: Postgraduate Studies: Columbia International University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 200
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: After earning a degree in Art/Graphic Design, Tab Jordan worked as an art director in advertising for 11 years. During that time, he also served as a part-time youth pastor and later made a career change to full time Youth Ministry, where he spent 16 years leading various youth events and founding a citywide home-missions service project. He presently teaches Bible, Biblically integrated History, and Graphic Design at Berean. Mr. Jordan’s expertise comes from the union of his art/advertising degree, his Biblical studies at Columbia International University, and his study of education methods through Walden University. Committed to guiding students to a proper relationship with God, self, and others, Mr. Jordan is actively involved on campus as Fine Arts Director and Marketing Advisor as well as Stone Gymnasium Director. He believes that extra-curricular activities enhance the curriculum of the school, provide student participation and leadership as well as parent involvement and positive publicity. He and his wife, Becky (also a teacher at Berean) have two sons, Isaac (2012) and Noah (2015) both are graduates of Berean.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail..." (Lam 3:22-24)
- Title: MS Math and Science
- Favorite Verse or Quote: “Know the truth and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
- Education: B.A. Elementary Education from Louisiana Tech University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Tiffani first taught in Fort Worth, Texas, for 3 1/2 years as a middle school teacher of all subjects. She then homeschooled for 15 years before teaching at River’s Edge Christian Academy for 3 years as a middle school math teacher. She has been married to her best friend for 25 years and has four sons. Tiffani loves hiking, camping, fishing, kayaking, cooking, DIY projects, playing, and having fun with her family.
- Title: Middle School English
- Education: B.A. Bryan College
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ex. 200
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Emily McKeehan began teaching at Berean in 2013. She grew up in Knoxville and is the fourth of five kids. Her parents are from Indiana and Missouri, so even though she doesn’t necessarily consider herself a southern girl, she’s lived her entire life in the south. A lifelong member of Berean Bible Church, Ms. McKeehan is a Berean Christian School alum, attending from kindergarten through 8th grade. She graduated from Bryan College with a degree in English Literature, with an emphasis in writing. She enjoys reading and buying books from McKay’s, sitting in coffee shops, spending time with friends, and writing.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self control. (2 Tim 1:7)
- Title: MS Bible and History
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Jesus answered, "It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him."
- Education: B.S in Bible Teaching from Columbia International University
- Education: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Charlie is in the process of completing a M.A in Theological Studies with a concentration in Biblical Languages from Columbia International University. He and his wife Melissa are newly married. They have one child, a fur baby, who is a five-year-old lab mix. Charlie loves to go hiking and spend time outdoors to observe God’s glory through His beautiful creation. One of his other hobbies is studying Hebrew and Greek, which helps him to teach the Bible in an exciting way. He also loves to play golf and baseball and is a die-hard Atlanta Braves and Falcons fan.
- Title: Middle School Math & History Teacher
- Education: BSIE University of Tennessee
- Education: M.A.T. University of Memphis
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 204
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Amy Turner attended UT Knoxville where she received a bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering. After spending several years working in that field, she went back to school and obtained a Master of Arts degree in teaching from the University of Memphis. Ms. Turner taught middle school math for seven years in a local public school, and then moved on to Berean. She teaches 6th grade math, 7th grade math, and 6th grade ancient world history. Outside of school Ms. Turner enjoys reading, hiking, and gardening.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him,..." (Rom. 15:13)
- Title: MS English, Marketing
- Education: B.A. in English at Covenant College in Lookout Mountain
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Language and literature teacher Natalea Waller earned a B.A. in English at Covenant College in Lookout Mountain, Georgia. She also received her teaching license/certification for grades 6-12 in English. She teaches 8th grade Language Arts, which is heavily focused on reading and writing. Besides teaching, Mrs. Waller enjoys traveling and has been to more than 40 countries. She also loves basketball and played throughout college on a scholarship. She is working with the Girls’ Varsity Basketball team and looks forward to seeing how the Lord works at Berean this year.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Zephaniah 3:17