- Title: Berean School Board Member
- Education: University of Tennessee - 2008
- Education: Lipscomb University - 2013
- Bio: An alumnus of Berean Christian School, Hannah Parker attended from kindergarten through 8th grade before going on to graduate from Fulton High School. Her favorite thing about Berean is the faculty and familial atmosphere that is fostered on campus.Following a career in state and local government, Hannah worked for a leading public relations company. She is currently the Director of Community Relations for the Emerald Youth Foundation, a ministry which serves young people in the inner city. Hannah has a sister, Kensey, and five cousins who also attended Berean Christian School. She is a self-described lover of art, music, and Diet Coke, and she loves reading, attending concerts, and watching television with her rescue hound, Hank.Favorite Bible verse:From the Message translation: Ephesians 3:2020-21 God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us.Meet YOUR Berean ep. 23: Hannah Parker from Berean Christian School on Vimeo.
- Education: B.A. in Communication and Information from the University of Tennessee
- Education: Juris Doctorate from the University of Tennessee College of Law
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Melissa Owens attended Berean Christian School from fifth grade through high school graduation in 2007. She is married to Juston Owens, who attended Berean Christian School from first grade through high school graduation in 2007. Melissa loved her time at Berean and believes the training she received enabled her to succeed in college and law school. She is now an attorney practicing in East Tennessee. Melissa hopes that her service on the school board will support the faculty and staff of Berean Christian School in their efforts to educate students with academic and spiritual excellence.
- Title: Berean School Board Member
- Bio: As a graduate from the second 8th grade class, Ross found that the extraordinary foundation she received prepared her far beyond her peers when she entered high school, both academically and spiritually. Having attended Berean Bible Church since she was a baby, her heart is forever tied to the church's vision of providing parents with a Christ-based educational alternative to public schooling and reaching children and preparing them to impact our world and our communities for Christ.
- Title: Headmaster
- Education: B.A. Columbia International University
- Education: M.A. Liberty University Honors
- Education: Certificate in Business: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of Tennessee
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 103
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: George Waller has served as Headmaster of Berean Christian School since June, 2004. He received a B.A. from Columbia International University and an M.A. with Honors from Liberty University. Waller also received a Certificate in Business from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and completed postgraduate work at the University of Tennessee. Prior to joining the faculty at BCS, he served as pastor of Cedar Grove Baptist Church in Kingston, Tennessee in addition to having a counseling practice for many years. While at BCS, Mr. Waller has taught Bible and psychology courses at the high school level and he also serves as an adjunct instructor at Bryan College. He and his wife, Judy, have two children and three grandchildren. His interests, outside of school, include listening to music, reading and traveling.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. (Jas 4:8)
- Email: email@example.com
Although raised in a very stable Christian home attending church regularly, Margie did not come to realize she was a sinner in need of a Savior until she was 30. She graduated from UT with a BS in business and was married to Bob Whitaker with three young sons. She and Bob had a drafting service in their home. During the years since that fall of 1972 she has spent close to 40 years under John Stone’s and Bryan Glass’s teaching at Berean Bible church. Their drafting service turned into an exhibit building business that they turned over to one of their sons in 2008, and Bob passed away in 2013, not too long after their 50th wedding anniversary.
Margie’s youngest son was in the first middle school/junior high class of BCS. There was no high school at that time. She has had as many as four grandchildren attending BCS and currently has a granddaughter who is a senior.
Her hope and prayer is that BCS will continue to work alongside parents with the goal of helping their children know Jesus Christ as savior and grow into mature believers—while at the same time receiving a quality education. She prays to stay faithful to God’s Word and seek His wisdom in everything and asks for and encourages parents to pray with the BCS Board and Berean Bible Church toward that end.