Arts & PE
- Title: Art
- Education: BFA Tulane University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ex. 220
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Jeanne Alexander has enjoyed teaching at Berean Christian School since 2009. She received her Bachelor's of Fine Arts from Newcomb College of Tulane University. She is married to Mark, and they have 4 children. Prior to coming to Berean, she taught 5 years in an after school elementary art program. She has taught elementary art at BCS for 6 years and last year added middle and high school classes as well. Mrs. Alexander feels it is a blessing to help each student see him or herself as an artist created in God's image. A favorite verse is " Yet you, Lord, are our Father. we are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand." Isaiah 64:8
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you art he potter, we are all the work of your hand." (Isaiah 64:8)
- Title: Librarian
- Education: B.S. Malone University
- Education: M.Ed. Columbia International University
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Darla Glies graduated from Malone University in 1988 with a degree in elementary education. She married her college sweetheart, in 1989 and had four children. In 2011, Darla completed her M.Ed. at Columbia International University. Three of Darla’s children attend Berean Christian School. Their oldest two have graduated from Berean. Darla and her husband, Buzz, also an instructor at Berean, are committed to Christian education. Mrs. Glies enjoys reading and spending time with her family.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13)
- Title: Bible, History, Graphic Design, Yearbook, Communications/Marketing Advisor, Fine Arts Director
- Education: B.A. University of Tennessee
- Education: Postgraduate Studies: Columbia International University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 200
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: After earning a degree in Art/Graphic Design, Tab Jordan worked as an art director in advertising for 11 years. During that time, he also served as a part-time youth pastor and later made a career change to full time Youth Ministry, where he spent 16 years leading various youth events and founding a citywide home-missions service project. He presently teaches Bible, Biblically integrated History, and Graphic Design at Berean. Mr. Jordan’s expertise comes from the union of his art/advertising degree, his Biblical studies at Columbia International University, and his study of education methods through Walden University. Committed to guiding students to a proper relationship with God, self, and others, Mr. Jordan is actively involved on campus as Fine Arts Director and Marketing Advisor as well as Stone Gymnasium Director. He believes that extra-curricular activities enhance the curriculum of the school, provide student participation and leadership as well as parent involvement and positive publicity. He and his wife, Becky (also a teacher at Berean) have two sons, Isaac (2012) and Noah (2015) both are graduates of Berean.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail..." (Lam 3:22-24)
- Title: Physical Education/ Soccer Coach
- Education: West Herts, UK
- Education: Liberty University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Mike McDonald (Coach Mike) attended John F. Kennedy School in Hernel, Hempstead, England and West Herts College in Watford, England. As a former professional soccer player, he has worked at Pendley Manor, River Island Football and even done some television commercials. He moved from England to Morristown, Tennessee, in 1996. Shortly thereafter he felt the tug of the Holy Spirit, and in 1999, he found the Lord’s salvation. That same year Mr. McDonald married his wife Lori. They have three children, Ellie Ann, Livy Lea and Maxwell. In addition, to serving as the PE teacher, Head HS Boys and Head MS Girls soccer coach at BCS, McDonald also coaches soccer in Morristown and around Tennessee. His interests include soccer, travel, spending time with God, family and church.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: All people will know if you are my followers, if you love one another. (John 13:35)
- Title: Music Teacher
- Education: B.A. Carson-Newman College
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 100
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Beth is a graduate of Carson-Newman University with a degree in Music and Business. She and her husband Chris have two children, Aidan and Adelyn, attending Berean Elementary. She is a second generation sacred music composer, pianist, and teacher. Her passion for music and worship fuels every element of her music, integrating many styles, to present an offering of praise back to God. She has three sacred piano books in print through Lorenz Corporation out of Dayton, Ohio, and has held multiple church worship leadership positions from college until Spring 2017. She owned and operated Smith Music Studios for 10 years. With nearly 20 performances, ranging from classical recitals to Pop concerts, to a full Broadway Jr musical production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast in November of 2012, her calling was to encourage young musicians and consistently gain knowledge and experience through new musical adventures every season. Taking the next step with her experience, her calling led to joining Berean Christian School in 2015. She is now fueling an expanding Fine Arts department, partnering with drama and design, to ultimately further equip truly talented students. In the spring of 2017, she created the Studio at Berean, offering private vocal and instrumental coaching on Berean's campus, implementing mentorship and performance opportunities outside the music classroom. Her mission is to instill knowledge and passion in young people through music, discipling them through the Word, and providing opportunities to gain confidence, discipline, in using their God-given gifts for the glory of God. Berean Christian School Meet YOUR Berean ep. 31 – Bethany Smith (Humble Confidence) from Berean Christian School on Vimeo.