Spirit Week 2014!
Arts & PE
- Title: Art
- Education: B.A. Newcomb College
- Education: Tulane University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ex. 200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Jeanne Alexander earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Newcomb College at Tulane University in New Orleans, and then managed Dunbart’s art supply store in New Orleans for six years. Then, she and her husband, Mark, moved to Knoxville where she became an Art Smart instructor, providing art classes to students in kindergarten through 5th grade until taking time off to start a family. Mrs. Alexander joined the Berean Christian School faculty in 2013 and works with elementary students. She enjoys baking, crafts and spending time with her husband and four children.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you art he potter, we are all the work of your hand." (Isaiah 64:8)
- Title: Librarian
- Education: B.S. Malone University
- Education: M.Ed. Columbia International University
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 100
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Darla Glies graduated from Malone University in 1988 with a degree in elementary education. She married her college sweetheart, in 1989 and had four children. In 2011, Darla completed her M.Ed. at Columbia International University. Three of Darla’s children attend Berean Christian School. Their oldest graduated from Berean. Darla and her husband Buzz, also an instructor at Berean, are committed to Christian education. Mrs. Glies enjoys reading and spending time with her family.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13)
- Title: Physical Education/ Soccer Coach
- Education: West Herts, UK
- Education: Liberty University
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.106
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Mike McDonald (Coach Mike) attended John F. Kennedy School in Hernel, Hempstead, England and West Herts College in Watford, England. As a former professional soccer player, he has worked at Pendley Manor, River Island Football and even done some television commercials. He moved from England to Morristown, Tennessee, in 1996. Shortly thereafter he felt the tug of the Holy Spirit, and in 1999, he found the Lord’s salvation. That same year Mr. McDonald married his wife Lori. They have three children, Ellie Ann, Livy Lea and Maxwell. In addition, to serving as the PE teacher, Head HS Boys and Head MS Girls soccer coach at BCS, McDonald also coaches soccer in Morristown and around Tennessee. His interests include soccer, travel, spending time with God, family and church.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: All people will know if you are my followers, if you love one another. (John 13:35)
- Title: Drama
- Education: BBA Hardin-Simmons University
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Zack Richardson began teaching in 1995 at Haslam Academy, an alternative school in Knoxville, TN. While teaching there, he soon realized that these students had a strong interest in drama and a desire to learn the art of acting. In response, he decided to put on a play, which included 50 kids the first year. Inspired by how well these “troubled” students responded to direction, Mr. Richardson continued this tradition and held a production every year he taught there.In July 2010, Mr. Richardson purchased Drama Kids, an international drama franchise, where he taught grades K-12 for three years. He is excited to now be teaching at Berean and is looking forward to his new journey. Zack and his wife, Maria, have been married 23 years and have a 17 year old daughter.
- Title: Music Teacher
- Education: B.A. Carson-Newman College
- Phone: 865-521-6054 ext. 100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Bethany McDonald Smith is a second generation pianist, teacher, sacred music composer, and church musician. She graduated from Carson-Newman in 2005 with a degree in music. She resides in Knoxville with Chris, her husband of ten years. They have two children, Aidan and Adelyn. She leads worship at Arlington Baptist Church and is heavily involved with the youth program. Answering the call to teach has been the most rewarding experience of the past ten years of her career. She considers beginning the next chapter of her time at Berean where her children will attend to be a privilege and a blessing. Acts 16:25-36 Berean Christian School Meet YOUR Berean ep. 31 – Bethany Smith (Humble Confidence) from Berean Christian School on Vimeo.