Spirit Week 2014!
Administration & Staff
- Title: Headmaster Assistant/SOAR Founder
- Education: M.S. & Ph.D. University of Tennessee
- Education: B.S. University of Tennessee Education
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.120
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Dr. Core taught in the Knox County school system for 32 years before coming to Berean Christian School. Here, he served as high school principal and teacher of physics, chemistry and mathematics for nine years before becoming the Soar director. In 2013, Dr. Core became headmaster assistant and director of elementary school enrichment in science and mathematics. With 43 years of classroom and administrative experience, he continually strives for spiritual and academic excellence of each student. An avid supporter and spectator of all the athletic teams, Dr. Core can frequently be found at school sporting events.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, ..." (Psa 1:1-3)
- Title: Office Assistant
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Before becoming our office assistant, Pat Drummer assisted our kindergarten classes for seven years. An active member of her church, Faith Promise, she serves in various duties with her small group, and serves monthly at the Emerald Youth Foundation. When not volunteering, Pat enjoys collecting cookbooks and entertaining family and friends.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Now to Him who's is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power that is at work within us." Eph 3:20
- Title: MS Principal & Bible/SOAR Director
- Education: B.S., M.Ed. Columbia International University Cum Laude
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of South Carolina
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 206
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Jon Farra completed his undergraduate degree in psychology and Bible from Columbia International University. He also obtained a TEFL certificate which allowed him to teach English in Thailand. Upon returning to the United States, Farra worked as a youth pastor while completing a Master of Education degree from CIU and pursuing supplemental coursework at the University of South Carolina. In both the areas of teaching and administration, Mr. Farra’s focus is to develop and build teams to help Berean Christian School continue to become more efficient and caring. Farra moved to Knoxville in 2005, married fellow teacher Rae Rawlings, and has since experienced the joy of becoming a father.
- Title: ARC Coordinator & Middle School Counselor
- Education: Undergraduate: Tennessee Tech University, Secondary Education
- Education: Masters: Carson Newman University, Counseling
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 209
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Emily Fiveash and her husband, Patrick, have two children – Zadie and Grey – who both attend Berean. For the last 20 years, Mrs. Fiveash has worked in education in various roles, and has been a stay-at-home mom along the way. When she’s not working, she enjoys camping, kayaking, running, hiking, and family time. Mrs. Fiveash’s passion is to see kids realize that they are “fearfully and wonderfully made” in the image of Christ. (Psalm 139:14) That is her prayer for the kids at Berean to embrace and believe!
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made..." (Psalms 139:14)
- Title: Director of IT & MS Computer Teacher
- Bio: Buzz Glies calls Pittsburgh, PA, his home. He attended Malone University and graduated with a B.A. In 1991. Buzz attended Columbia International University and completed a M.A. in 1999 and a M.Ed. in 2009. Buzz holds a Life Time certification from ACSI. Buzz married his best friend, Darla. They have four children. Their oldest graduated from University Christian School in Jacksonville, FL. Currently, the youngest three are enrolled in Berean. Buzz served as an adjunct professor at Columbia International University, Director of IT at Ben Lippen School and Director of IT at University Christian School. Buzz is known for his ability with technology, building relationships, infusing a 21st Century technological curriculum and mentoring teachers.
- Title: MS/HS Office Administrator
- Education: B.A. University of Tennessee, Medical Technology
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 200
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Becky graduated from the University of Tennessee with a BA in Medical Technology. She worked at an independent laboratory for four years before staying home to raise her family. Her children attended Berean and her involvement with the school led to part time and eventually full time employment in the office. Becky says that, “The school, the students, their families, and the faculty and staff have been an incredible blessing in my life. I am both proud and humbled to be a part of the unique community that is Berean Christian School.”
- Title: Payroll Manager
- Education: B.S. University of Tennessee
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of San Diego
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.135
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Terri Lakin received a bachelor’s degree in education from the University of Tennessee. She has also completed graduate studies from the University of San Diego, Cumberland University and Tennessee Tech. Mrs. Lakin considers it a privilege to have taught at Berean Christian School for more than 20 years and greatly enjoys being a pastor’s wife, mother, and grandmother. She also enjoys reading, gardening and crafts.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Every word of God is pure. He is a shield to those who put their trust in Him. (Prov 30:5)
- Title: Administrative Office Staff
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.100
- Email: email@example.com
- Title: Office Manager
- Education: University of Tennessee
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext 100
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: Cheryll is the Office Manager at Berean Christian School. She attended the University of Tennessee, and then worked for the City of Knoxville for several years. During that time she was the secretary for the Finance Director as well as for the Mayor. After her first child was born, she chose to stay home and raise a family. God led them to Berean when their oldest son started kindergarten. She now has 3 grown children, who all attended Berean Christian School. She began working at Berean part-time in 1994 as a teacher’s aid and then moved to the office in 1995. Cheryll says, “It has been such a blessing to be part of Berean Christian School as a parent and also as an employee. Over the years at the front desk, I have enjoyed getting to know the wonderful children and families of this school.”
- Favorite Verse or Quote: For I know the plans I have for you, ..., plans to prosper you, not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jer 29:11
- Title: Athletic Director, Guidance Counselor
- Education: B.A. Pensacola Christian College
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: Jason Moyer graduated from Pensacola Christian College with a major in Bible and minor in Physical Education. He then taught middle school and high school Bible at First Coast Christian School. Before coming to Berean, Jason served as a student pastor, associate pastor and even spent some time as a financial analyst. He and his wife, Bethany, have three children: Madeline, Hudson and Alaina. He enjoys all sports, but is especially passionate about OSU, the Cleveland Indians and the Arsenal Football Club.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; (Lam 3:22-24)
- Title: Finance Director
- Education: B.A. East Tennessee State University
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: With a bachelor’s degree in accounting, and more than seven years as an accountant at various companies, Jenny brings a wealth of experience and financial stewardship to BCS. When she’s not crunching numbers for us, she’s spending time with her husband of 18 years and her two children.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: "Be still and know that I am God." (Psalm 46:10)
- Title: Headmaster
- Education: B.A. Columbia International University
- Education: M.A. Liberty University Honors
- Education: Certificate in Business: Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Education: Postgraduate studies: University of Tennessee
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext. 103
- Email: email@example.com
- Bio: George Waller has served as Headmaster of Berean Christian School since June, 2004. He received a B.A. from Columbia International University and an M.A. with Honors from Liberty University. Waller also received a Certificate in Business from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and completed postgraduate work at the University of Tennessee. Prior to joining the faculty at BCS, he served as pastor of Cedar Grove Baptist Church in Kingston, Tennessee in addition to having a counseling practice for many years. While at BCS, Mr. Waller has taught Bible and psychology courses at the high school level and he also serves as an adjunct instructor at Bryan College. He and his wife, Judy, have two children and three grandchildren. His interests, outside of school, include listening to music, reading and traveling.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. (Jas 4:8)
- Title: HS Principal & Math
- Education: B.A. University of Tennessee
- Education: M.S. University of Tennessee
- Education: PhD University of Tennessee
- Phone: (865) 521-6054 ext.200
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bio: After earning a Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature from the University of Tennessee, Susan Wallis developed an interest in deaf culture and sign language. This prompted her to earn a Master’s Degree in Special Education and she taught at the Tennessee School for the Deaf for nine years. As the result of a deepening faith and strong desire to share her faith more openly with her students, Wallis took a position at Berean Christian School where she taught 5th grade for seven years. Mrs. Wallis is now the high school principal and teaches algebra and calculus. She and her husband have five children and attend Fellowship Church.
- Favorite Verse or Quote: Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart as working for the Lord, not for men." (Col 3:23)